- Items allowed under condition: The following items are allowed under condition:
- Cameras and video recorders (including camera and video on mobile phones)
- Students are not allowed to take pictures or record videos in school premises without permission. Permission to use such devices for school projects must be obtained from the relevant teacher-in-charge.
- Balls & Bulky Musical Instruments (e.g. Guitars)
- Students are to ensure items are not used at inappropriate times or venues.
- Students are not allowed to bring personal sports equipment to school. Otherwise, they may safe-keep them with the P.E department.
- Prohibited Items
a. Students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. This includes any weapon-like item which can be used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
b. In addition, the following items are also prohibited on school premises:
• Electronic entertainment devices, including handheld computer games, MP3/4 players, CD players, and FM radio sets
• Poker/Magic cards
• Sharp objects and hardware tools which may cause injury such as pen knives and scissors
• Cigarette lighters/boxes or any smoking/vaping-related items
• Hair sprays and perfumes
• Games and toys
c. Pornography and Tobacco products
• It is a major offence for students to be found in possession of pornographic materials or tobacco products.
- Students are allowed to bring mobile phones to This is to facilitate parents who wish to contact their child in school. However, students are NOT ALLOWED to use their mobile phones in school in any way whatsoever at all times except at the only designated area for students to use their hand phone which is the Canteen (including the Concourse).
- During curriculum time, parents should call the school office should they wish to contact their child for urgent reasons (e.g. bereavement).
- Except for the Canteen mentioned in para 1, students with mobile phones in school must comply with the following regulations:
- Mobile phones are not to be on the students during an examination or test.
- Students are to submit their hand phones for safekeeping during every lesson and to collect them at the end of it.
- Mobile phones are the personal responsibility of the students. The school will not be responsible for any loss or damage of mobile phones.
Consequences of infringement of mobile phones rules:
- First offence:
- Mobile phone (including SIM card) confiscated by school for 1 working day.
- Second offence:
- Mobile phone (including SIM card) confiscated by school for 2 weeks.
- Third offence:
- Mobile phone (including SIM card) confiscated by school for 1 month.
- The confiscated mobile phone will be placed at the General Office for safe-keeping throughout the duration of confiscation. Parents will be notified. Students may collect their mobile phone at the end of the confiscation period and also sign an undertaking form at the General Office.
- Phones found in a student’s possession during a test or exam will be confiscated. Student will be deemed to have the intention to cheat and is liable to get zero mark for the paper as per National Examinations regulations.
- Students under investigation for major offences, e.g. sharing of pornographic content via their mobile phones, will have their phones temporarily confiscated for investigation purposes.